TOTL/Greenergy Singapore – the professional specialist data recovery company will help get your life – or business – back on track
We’re the professional specialist data recovery services company that offers you the best chance of retrieving critical information or precious images that have suddenly vanished.
When an individual loses data, it can be heart-breaking.
And when a business suffers data loss, the consequences can be devastating. Small businesses may be particularly at risk because they lack the security and backup resources of large corporations.
Lost personal data individuals want recovered
Some personal data stored on smartphones, tablets, or PCs has the power to evoke a host of cherished memories of important family life events, such as wedding, birthday, and graduation ceremony photos and videos.
Other types of digital data that people store may represent important, sensitive information like:
- Passwords to websites and apps
- Scans of documents such as insurance
- Names and addresses of friends and colleagues
- Work-related data and document
- Personal notes
- Personal emails and other digital messages
- Music and movie collections
Important data businesses want to safeguard
It’s been estimated that one-third of businesses fail to back up their data. Further, studies suggest that half of small and medium enterprises (SME) have no contingency plan in place in the event of data loss.
Even with a backup system, restoring business data to the exact state it’s in before it’s lost is very difficult.
Types of data typically stored by a company include information that’s vital to keep the enterprise running. These files often include:
- Accounting records
- Customers’ details
- Tax forms
- Files on employees
- Business process documentation
- Sales figures
- Banking details
- Legal documents
- Permits and licences
- Insurance documents
Consequences of data loss to businesses
When a business loses critical data, the outcome can be dire, causing:
- Productivity disruption
- Damage to reputation
- Exposure of confidential information
- Loss of customer loyalty
- Potential business failure
Where your data can be stored
Knowing where your data is residing would help you locate the point of extraction of lost data.
Various devices or media are used to store electronic data. The most common are:
- Hard disk drive (HDD). Also called a hard disk, fixed drive, or hard drive. A hard disk drive magnetically stores digital information using one or more rigid disks that rotate rapidly.
- External hard drive. A portable storage device connected to a computer, often used to back up files.
- Solid-state drive (SSD). Unlike a hard drive, a solid-state drive has no moving parts. Data is kept in microchips, and it’s a great deal faster than a hard disk.
- USB flash drive. A USB (universal serial bus) is a small external flash drive (memory stick) for data storage.
- SD (secure digital) cards. Small cards that hold rows of memory chips, typically used with digital cameras and mobile phones.
- CDs and DVDs. CDs (compact disks) and DVDs (digital video disks) provide a cheap, simple method of digitised data storage.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS). An NAS storage device connects to a network from a centralised point for access by authorised users.
- RAID. Redundant Array of Independent Disks data storage virtualisation technology combines multiple disk drive components into one or more units.
- Magnetic tape. Uses digital recording to store information on magnetic tape, usually packaged in cassettes or cartridges.
How your data may be lost
When we understand the causes of data loss, we may then take steps to prevent it from happening.
Inappropriate actions that may lead to the disappearance of data are:
- Accidental damage to a hard drive or other storage media through mishandling
- Hard drive motor failure
- Hardware breakdown/system failure
- Read/write head crash
- Damage to printed circuit board
- Incorrect shutdown of software files
- Corruption of operating system or firmware
- File system corruption
- Lost disk partition
- Inability to read an unknown file format
- Accidental deletion or overwriting
- Formatting of hard drive
- Spilling of drinks
- Misplacing memory sticks and CDs
- Theft, particularly laptops and phones
- Fire or water damage
- Power cut or surge
- Virus infection/malware attack
We bring your data back intact
TOTL and Greenergy team up to offer outstanding data recovery services!
TOTL was born out of a desire to give individuals and SMEs in Singapore access to the best digital data retrieval services – at highly-competitive prices.
The company came into being after the people behind it – having almost 20 years of experience in providing IT services to SMEs here – discovered that many data recovery services in Singapore appeared to fall below our own high standards as an IT services provider.
Thus, many of us simply had to put up with lost data.
However, we all deserve the same quality and reliability of data rescue that major institutions and business organisations rely on.
This is how TOTL landed on the doorstep of veteran data recovery experts Greenergy, whose client base reads like a Who’s Who of the major players in the Singaporean business world:
- Energizer Singapore, the batteries and rechargeable systems experts
- Razer (Asia-Pacific), the leading manufacturer and distributor of computer gaming peripherals
- StarHub, Singapore’s first fully-integrated info-communications company
- And more than half of public listed companies here!
Further, Greenergy shares our values of:
- Total commitment to customer satisfaction;
- Transparency in pricing; and
- Providing affordable, quality services.
TOTL is now the authorised sales partner of Greenergy.
Lost your data and need it retrieved?
We have the expertise to help you out.
Plus we don't charge if no data is recovered.
Get your free diagnosis & report
whether or not an order is placed
Send us a filled-out form, and we'll reach out to you by the next business day.
Wish to speak with us instead? Call +65 6631 8986
Get your free diagnosis & report now!
Find out from the experts what's happened to your data storage
and the amount of data retrievable.
Use this form to provide us some info to get started;
you'll receive a response by the next working day.